Start Windsurfing Board
Start Starboard Board 08-09
After Nine Years of Beginner Windsurfing Board Development, Starboard have produced the ultimate windsurf board for teaching people how to windsurf. Not only is it easier than ever to learn how to windsurf, now with the new deck shape, people can experience planning in the footstraps and harness much earlier.
Features of Starboard Start Windsufing Board
* Still wide for stabiltiy for side ro side stability, but now longer to offer more longitudinal stability and more “Glide” in light winds.
* Extra large cutaways to reduce the planning area, gives the feel of a much smaller board at speed.
* Long, low rocker line with lots of volume in the center for beginners. The shape is based on the Apollo which is the worlds earliest planning board.
* Centerboard is simple strong and Sand Proof, effortlessly retractable and the parts are compatible with older models.
* The new lip system for the centerboard, seals perfectly for fast early planning
* 3 step Color coded system on the deck. Start and stop position, Go slowly and Go Fast positions all marked clearly. Makes teaching and learning, simple, easy to explain and remember.
* Radical new deck shape, now the board can be controlled with feet in the center of the board. It has never been easier to get in the footstraps and planning.
* Full EVA covered with built in Nose Protector and Carry handleStart
At Amara Water Sports Blue Lagoon and Ppreviously in Jomtien Beach, Pattaya, Thailand, we have been using Starbaord Start Boards since the first model came out about 8 years ago. Amara has been teaching people how to windsurf and giving windsurf lessons in Thailand for 30years.
Blue Wave Water Sports have been supplying these boards to Resorts in Thailand for many years also. Resorts choose Starboard Start and Go Boards to give windsurf lessons and to hire out to tourists on windsurf vacations because they are easy to use and tough enough to last many seasons of continuous use.
Patrick from Bambou Adventure Team in Phuket also has been using Starboard Start and Go boards exclusively for teaching people how to windsurf.